The TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) is a powerful GIS software development kit (SDK) for developing stand-alone, client-server, web server, embedded, and mobile applications. It is ideal for adding GIS functionality to already existing products, porting software from less attractive GIS platforms, and developing custom GIS applications from scratch. The Developer Kernel is available as multiple product editions designed for different development environments, frameworks, and operating systems:
- Embarcadero RAD Studio (Delphi/C++) for FMX (FireMonkey) framework for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64 bit), Apple macOS and iOS, and Android applications
- Embarcadero RAD Studio (Delphi/C++) for VCL framework for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
- Microsoft .NET for WinForms and WPF for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
- Microsoft ASP.NET for WebGIS applications
- Microsoft ActiveX for Microsoft Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
Each Developer Kernel edition reflects essentially the same API, framework, and technology. The high degree of similarity enables porting GIS applications between development technologies, e.g., Visual Basic, VB.NET, C#, pure .NET, WPF, ASP.NET, Delphi, C++Builder, FMX, etc. For example, the exact same application source code can be compiled under the DK.NET WinForms edition as a Windows desktop application and under the DK Compact Framework edition as a Windows Mobile or CE application. (See comparative code example.)
Used by customers in dozens of countries and a wide range of industries, the TatukGIS Developer Kernel is known for performance, rich and logical API, native support for most (raster, vector, and geodatabase) formats, state-of-the-art support for coordinate systems, 3D visualization, compliance with many open standards, reasonable licensing...
For enterprise customers, support is available for spatial geodatabases: PostGIS, Oracle Spatial & Oracle GeoRaster, Microsoft SQL 2008 (and up), ESRI ArcSDE, IBM DB2 Spatial Extender, IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade, Sybase SQL Anywhere Spatial, Geomedia, etc.
Licensing is per developer and free of deployment royalties and run-time fees.
TatukGIS DK.NET edition running in Microsoft Visual Studio.