The DK.Delphi, DK.NET, DK.ActiveX, and DK.ASPNET editions are licensed as standard and Enterprise versions. The Enterprise version includes support for advanced spatial server geodatabases: Microsoft SQL (2008 and up), Oracle Spatial/Locator, Oracle Point Cloud & TIN, Oracle GeoRaster, ESRI ArcSDE, ESRI ArcSDE Raster, IBM DB2 Spatial Extender, IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade, Sybase SQL Anywhere Spatial, Geomedia on MSSQL Server and Oracle Server, MapInfo SpatialWare, PostGIS...
Support for each spatial database layer type is direct, without need for any 3rd party software or middleware. Support includes:
- Reading/writing/editing vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Creation of new tables and importing data into the tables.
- Use of spatial operators for server-side spatial queries (based on the DE-9IM model).
- Utilization of server side spatial indexes.
Support for ArcSDE includes:
- Reading/writing/editing ArcSDE Geodatabase SQL vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Direct ArcSDE SQL layer access, bypassing ArcSDE services and independent of any ESRI middleware.
- Utilization of ArcSDE spatial indexes for fast spatial queries.
- Supported databases: MSSQL Server, Oracle, and other SQL databases compatible with the ArcSDE standard.
Support for the Oracle GeoRaster and ArcSDE Raster formats is read-only.
A matrix of TatukGIS supported database layer types and compatible database engines is presented in knowledge base item KB10639. Instructions how to connect the DK to each spatial database layer type are provided in KB10765.
DK Enterprise licensing requires purchase of a standard license of the DK product for each DK developer in addition to the DK Enterprise license fee. The Enterprise license fee is per customer organization, i.e., per DK developer team, so not per DK developer. A customer organization with multiple DK licensed developers pays the Enterprise license fee only once to convert all the DK developers to Enterprise status. As with standard DK license maintenance, Enterprise license maintenance is renewable on an annual basis.