Editor 5 Beta
Customers with valid support plans can download the Editor 5 Beta (EDT5) at My Products.
The full Editor 5 announcement will be posted upon the product release. Briefly for now:
- Most changes are under-the-hood. Other than the redesigned visual layer property control, the Editor/Viewer 5 looks very similar to the previous version.
- The Editor/Viewer 5 is built on the Developer Kernel 11 and brings all the newest DK functionality, including recently added OpenCL support.
- We will add some more utility scripts relating to interpolation & viewshed analyses upon, or shortly after, the release.
- The Editor 5 scripting API is more comprehensive than ever before. It is now so close to the regular Developer Kernel product that we decided to call it DK for Editor.
- Existing Editor 4 scripts must be slightly updated to run under the EDT5, due to API changes. See: Migrating to DK11.
- We plan to release the EDT5 very soon, so if you develop scripts, its time to download and test the Beta. Please share your feedback and comments with support@.