RAD Studio 10.4 Coming Soon
With the permission of Embarcadero, we are pleased to share some information about its upcoming RAD Studio 10.4 Sydney.
TatukGIS will support this new RAD Studio version as soon as it is released. What does this mean for Developer Kernel for Delphi users? A few things you may find very interesting (based on the pre-release version):
- Both MacOS and iOS platforms support Metal (instead of OpenGL). This means much faster rendering speed.
- The same memory model on Mobiles and Linux as on Desktop (so no more ARC). Debugging mobile applications will easier than ever. Apps will also run faster!
- Improved HiDPI support on VCL. Image lists and themes that are 4K screen friendly.
- The IDE gets a number of improvements - in particular, code completion will become much faster and more reliable. For a big library like the DK, this is a huge improvement.
- A number of other improvements on the RTL, VCL, FMX, and IDE side.
With the release of version 10.4, support for RAD Studio XE4 will be retired.