All the functionality from the TatukGIS Aerial Imagery Corrector (AIC) product (image rectification, georeferencing, and mosiacing) has been merged into the TatukGIS Editor version 4. The AIC product is retired and is no longer available.
The Editor rectification functionality is considerably enhanced from the functionality previously available in the AIC:
- Rectification is performed on the-the-fly (similar to on-the-fly reprojection of map layers between coordinate systems), so the rectified result is instantaneously visible.
- Rectification can also be performed on vector map layers (such as CAD drawings with an unknown coordinate system) as well as raster layers.
- Rectification reflects the Editor's state-of-the-art coordinate system support with 3,000 pre-defined coordinate systems.
- Rectification/georeferencing/mosaicing can be scripted, such as to create labor saving routines for repetitive procedures.
- Support for a number of additional file types.
Availability for Editor customers
The Editor v.4 beta version (with rectification) is available as of today to all Editor users with valid license maintenance, at no additional charge. The final Editor 4 retail version, with a trial version, is expected soon.
Availability for AIC customers
- AIC users with active license maintenance are automatically upgraded to the Editor and have immediate download access to the Editor 4 beta. The maintenance period for the Editor license is same as for the original AIC license.
- AIC users with expired license maintenance may upgrade to the Editor for the special price of $156, valid until August 31, 2012. This special offer is available to all AIC customers, regardless of when the AIC license was purchased. After August 31, standard Editor maintenance renewal pricing will become effective: 60% of the Editor license price if renewed within 12 months of the (AIC or Editor) expiration date, 80% of the Editor license price thereafter.