TatukGIS has released version 11 of its GIS software development kit for ActiveX edition, with updated trial version and source code samples for evaluators. The Developer Kernel 11 for ActiveX is available to customers with license maintenance plan and for purchase by others. DK for ActiveX customers with lapsed maintenance may upgrade to version 11 by re-activating maintenance for existing licenses.
Though the ActiveX technology has been around for a while, some customers continue to use ActiveX to maintain legacy software products or just to postpone the costs of converting their GIS development from something that works to a new technology. For these customers, the DK11 for ActiveX continues support also for Visual Basic 6 (VB6).
For customers considering ActiveX alternatives, TatukGIS offers pathways to more modern development platforms that do not require learning a new GIS technology. The TatukGIS SDK edition for each supported development platform features the same API, structure, and logic that every DK developer already knows. Furthermore, with version 11, DK for ActiveX code is even more similar to the DK for NET edition.
The DK for ActiveX 11 adds:
- Redesigned and extended support for pixel operations and grid analysis
- Vector-to-grid interpolation algorithms for Kriging, IDW, Splines, and Heatmaps
- Viewshed and above-ground-level (AGL) visibility analysis
- Slope analysis
- Powerful built-in line style editor, extended line styling
- 700+ item SVG symbols library, S-57 nautical symbols
- Enhanced GeoTiff support
- Enhanced 3D support, new support for PLY and STL 3D data formats
- Redesigned and improved visual layer property controls
- High resolution 4K monitor support, generally improved rendering performance and quality
- Dedicated DK documentation web site with full API documentation, API overview, what's new section, migration guide, and several dozen source code samples
A more complete list of version 11 new features with descriptive information is found under What's new in the Developer Kernel on-line documentation.