TatukGIS announces the release of the TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) v. 8.1 as a Borland® Delphi™/C++Builder™ VCL with final support for native/manageable .NET under Delphi 2005. An updated DK-VCL 8.1 trial version is available for download from the TatukGIS web site along with 45 updated samples in Delphi™ and C++Builder™. The DK-VCL 8.1 supports Borland® Delphi versions 5, 6, 7 and 2005 and C++Builder versions 5 and 6.
The release of the TatukGIS Developer Kernel 8.1 upgrade as an ActiveX control and as a native/manageable .NET version for Windows® forms will follow soon.
The TatukGIS Developer Kernel is a comprehensive GIS development toolkit designed for the creation of custom GIS software applications and solutions. Version 8.1 provides significant new features and enhancements, including:
- Final support for native/manageable .NET under Delphi 2005
- Much faster performance with SQL database map layers
- Geocoded address query standardization
- Support for grid (Digital Terrain Model) data formats: ASCII GRID, FLOAT GRID, BT (Binary Terrain), DTED, ADF
- Version 2 of the TatukGIS PixelStore format
- Read support for additional vector formats: GDF, VFP, SDTS, DLG (read/write), GML (read/write), and improved support for the DXF and TAB formats.
- Read/write support for the Geomedia® SQL Server & Access Warehouse data formats
- Reading support for the IMG and JPEG2000 image formats
- The latest updates of the MrSID and ECW libraries
- Printing from templates
- Improved labeling
- Improved opening of ESRI ArcView®, ArcExplorer®, and MapInfo® Professional projects
- Many other improvements