TatukGIS has released the Internet Server (IS) "LITE", an ASP.NET GIS server component designed to utilize the visual design capabilities of any ASP.NET IDE, such as Microsoft® Web Matrix, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET®, or Borland® C#Builder™. The IS LITE, which is introduced at only $590 per server installation, may also be programmed by any HTML editor.
The IS LITE may be used with the also just released free TatukGIS Viewer application. The Viewer reads and writes TatukGIS project files, and opens all raster and vector formats supported by TatukGIS, and opens most ESRI ArcView™ and MapInfo Professional™ projects. The free Viewer includes an Internet Server Wizard to quickly and easily set up projects to be web published with the IS LITE.
Other Leading IS LITE Features:
- Full publishing capabilities for vector data formats: SHP, E00, MIF/MID, TAB, DXF, DGN, and TIGER formats, and raster imagery formats: TIFF/GeoTIFF, SPOT, ECW, MrSID, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TatukGIS PixelStore
- Reading OpenGIS SQL vector layers
- Simple API
- Full zooming and scrolling, with unlimited view combinations
- Flexible publishing layout (fills, labeling, layer transparency, histogram equalizations, color coding, color enhancing, etc.)
- Thematic mapping based on vector attributes
- Legend component, scale control
- Pie and bar charts
- Querying based on vector attributes, including querying against attributes saved to SQL databases using standard ASP.NET database components.
- R-tree spatial indexing
- Dynamic label placement, overlap avoidance, universal support of international language character sets (Russian, Arabic, Chinese, etc.)
- Support of symbols for points, lines, fills (GCM, TrueType, and WMF)
- Custom drawing using System.Drawing.Graphics object
- Serves information via WAP server both graphically as well as textually
View the IS samples with code on-line. Download IS trial version with samples.