TatukGIS released today version 6.0 of the Developer Kernel (DK), which represents a major product upgrade. The 6.0 upgrade approximately doubles the number of functions and properties supported, to a total of over 2,000. Version 6.0 was released as a Borland Delphi/C++ Builder/Kylix VCL library. The DK ActiveX compatibility is still under development, and ActiveX support will be introduced with the next DK upgrade (v. 6.1) in early 2002.
The following is a list of the most significant new features added with the v. 6.0 upgrade release. (Refer to the DK product description for a full product specification.)
- Support of Borland Delphi 6
- Preliminary support for Borland Kylix
- Reading TAB, DGN, and DXF formats
- Support of OGIS SQL-based vector coverages
- OGIS conformance; WKB, WKT
- Improved compression support for TIFF files (uncompressed, packbits, group4)
- DB2 database support
- Layer transparency factor
- Support for TrueType, CGM Clear Text, CGM binary symbols
- Support of practically any international language character set
- R-Tree support (enhances routing functionality)
- Custom rendering
- Improved help file system, tutorial
DK product upgrades, such as this one, are available to licensed users for no additional charge during the first 12 months following purchase.