Earlier today TatukGIS released version 7.0 (final release) of the Developer Kernel (DK) as a Borland® Delphi™/C++ Builder™ VCL (previously referred to as the pending DK v. 6.5 release). A v.7.0 trial version is available for download. The release of the DK as an ActiveX component, with the same v.7.0 functionality, will follow soon.
The DK v.7.0 upgrade introduces the following new functionality.
(Some of these functions - such as R-Tree spatial indexing and reading the DGN format - have been available to TatukGIS DK licensed users for several months, but this is the first time these functions have been offered in a free trial version. See History for a more detailed understanding of the changes from version 6.0 that were periodically provided to DK licensed users as alfa releases.)
- New visual layer/legend/property control for all aspects of map appearance
- Topological operations, including buffers, intersections, unions, splits, etc.
- WKT/WKB geometry support
- Pie and bar charts
- Distance scale control
- Writing to MIF and DXF vector formats (as well as SHP); reading DGN format
- Reading and writing vector data to SQL layers, supporting MSJET (MDB), MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Interbase�, DB2, and Advantage
- Redesigned and much faster quarrying against SQL tables; compatible with any SQL database product supporting ADO/ODBC and DBX
- Improved thematic mapping support
- R-Tree spatial indexing
- Two new projections: Hotine Oblique Mercator Azimuth Center and Hotine Oblique Mercator Azimuth Two Point Center (a total of 26 projections now supported)
- Support for Borland C++Builder 6.0
- Additional public/protected functions and properties (now approx. 2,200) and classes (now approx. 120)
- 27 DK 7.0 samples, presented in C++Builder as well as Delphi
- Generally improved speed and smaller footprint relative to v. 6.0
- Literally hundreds of smaller improvements