The TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) is a professional grade, general-purpose GIS SDK that can be used with just about any development platform and to develop custom GIS applications for just about any computer operating system. DK product editions are available for:
- Delphi/C++Builder for FMX and VCL frameworks, for Windows (32 and 64 bit), macOS, iOS, and Android applications
- Java for Swing framework, for Windows, macOS, Linux, and even Raspbian (Raspberry Pi) applications
- Fully .NET CIL for WinForms and WPF frameworks, for Windows (32 and 64 bit) applications
- ActiveX, for Windows applications
- ASP.NET Web Forms, for Web applications
The same GIS-focused object API - incorporating 750 classes and 19,000 documented methods and properties - is shared across all Developer Kernel editions and supported platforms, offering multi-platform optionality. Application source code is highly similar across technologies. (See comparative code example.)
Features include native support (without import/export) for more than 70 commonly used vector/raster/grid data formats compiled into the DK library and dozens more formats supported via external drivers, comprehensive portfolio of GIS functionality, best-in-class performance, and compatibility with many open standards. Each DK edition can be licensed as a standard version or Enterprise version supporting advanced spatial databases, including Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, Microsoft SQL Server Spatial, ESRI ArcSDE, and others.
Licensing is per developer and free of deployment royalties and run-time fees.
A FMX application created with DK for Delphi edition, running on iOS, Android, and macOS.