Developer Kernel for Enterprise
Each TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) product edition is licensed as a standard and Enterprise version. The Enterprise version contains support for advanced third-party spatial databases: Oracle Spatial/Locator, Oracle Point Cloud & TIN, Oracle GeoRaster, PostGIS, Microsoft SQL Server Spatial, ESRI ArcSDE, ESRI ArcSDE Raster, IBM DB2 Spatial Extender, IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade, Sybase SQL Anywhere Spatial, Geomedia on MSSQL Server and Oracle Server, MapInfo SpatialWare ...
Support for each spatial database layer type is direct, without any 3rd party software or middleware. Support includes:
- Reading/writing/editing vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Creating new tables and importing data into the tables.
- Using spatial operators for server-side spatial queries (based on the DE-9IM model).
- Utilizing server side spatial indexes.
Support for ArcSDE includes:
- Reading/writing/editing ArcSDE Geodatabase SQL vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Direct ArcSDE SQL layer access, bypassing ArcSDE services and independent of any ESRI middleware.
- Utilizing ArcSDE spatial indexes for fast spatial queries.
- Supported databases: MSSQL Server, Oracle, and other SQL databases compatible with the ArcSDE standard.
Support for Oracle GeoRaster and ArcSDE Raster formats is read-only.
TatukGIS supported geodatabase layer types and compatible database engines are presented as a matrix in knowledge base item KB10639. Guidance on connecting the DK to each spatial database layer type is presented in the DK documentation, and KB10765.
Whereas the standard DK version is licensed per developer, step-up to Enterprise licensing involves an additional license fee per customer organization (i.e., per DK developer team). A customer organization with multiple DK licensed developers, therefore, pays the Enterprise license fee only once to convert all its DK developers to Enterprise status. As with standard DK license maintenance, Enterprise maintenance is renewable on an annual basis.