Developer Kernel for Enterprise
TatukGIS Developer Kernel (DK) Enterprise licensing provides each DK developer:
- a license for all available DK product editions, e.g., for Delphi (desktop and mobile variants), .NET, ASP.NET, ActiveX, and Java
- TatukGIS support for advanced spatial databases including PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, MSSQL Spatial Server and others
- a user license of the desktop TatukGIS Editor product
- future TatukGIS topological layer functionality on Oracle Spatial and PostGIS databases (when available)
As with standard DK licensing, DK Enterprise licensing is per registered developer and support/upgrades maintenance is renewable on an annual basis. Enterprise pricing reflects steep volume discounts starting at the two-license purchase level.
Supported spatial databases include Oracle Spatial/Locator, Oracle Point Cloud & TIN, Oracle GeoRaster, PostGIS, Microsoft SQL Server Spatial, ESRI ArcSDE, ESRI ArcSDE Raster, IBM DB2 Spatial Extender, IBM Informix Spatial DataBlade, Sybase SQL Anywhere Spatial, Geomedia on MSSQL Server and Oracle Server, and MapInfo SpatialWare.
Support for each spatial database layer type is direct, without any 3rd party software or middleware, and includes:
- Reading/writing/editing vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Creating new tables and importing data into the tables.
- Using spatial operators for server-side spatial queries (based on the DE-9IM model).
- Utilizing server side spatial indexes.
Support for ArcSDE includes:
- Reading/writing/editing ArcSDE Geodatabase SQL vector map layer geometry and attributes.
- Direct ArcSDE SQL layer access, bypassing ArcSDE services and independent of any ESRI middleware.
- Utilizing ArcSDE spatial indexes for fast spatial queries.
- Supported databases: MSSQL Server, Oracle, and other SQL databases compatible with the ArcSDE standard.
Support for Oracle GeoRaster and ArcSDE Raster formats is read-only.
All TatukGIS supported geodatabase layer types and compatible database engines are presented as a matrix in knowledge base item KB10639. Guidance on connecting the DK to each spatial database layer type is presented in the DK documentation and KB10765.