TatukGIS does not accept customer issued issued purchase orders (PO's) for the following reasons.
1. Purchases of TatukGIS software licenses are governed by the TatukGIS Purchase Policy and the pro-forma invoice that is generated upon complication of the online purchase order procedure. Use of TatukGIS products is governed by the TatukGIS Software License Agreement. A customer issued purchase order (PO) document might contain conflicting stipulations.
2. The simplicity of the TatukGIS merchandising and purchasing procedures does not justify the level of complexity associated customer issued purchase order documents, which can be unique for each customer and each transaction. TatukGIS software products and technical support maintenance are priced transparently and delivered electronically via the internet, with no physical shipment of goods. Product access is enabled promptly upon receipt and acceptance of the purchase payment. Product trial versions provide the means to carefully evaluate and verify a product before purchasing.
3. The TatukGIS generated proforma invoice documents the important information about a pending purchase transaction, generally fulfilling the purpose of a purchase order.
4. Purchase orders imply delayed payment terms. TatukGIS does not support delayed payment terms, i.e., trade credit, because:
- TatukGIS customers are in countries located around the world, with different customs, legal systems, and economic considerations. TatukGIS is not qualified to evaluate the credit risks of its individual customers.
- Use of a PO often implies delayed payment in the form of a check (such as drawn on a U.S. bank account). Because Europe (TatukGIS is located in Europe) has no clearing system for physical checks, processing a check drawn on a U.S. bank is inconvenient, costly, and time consuming (requiring several weeks).
- Managing customer credit decisions and customer accounts receivables would involve substantial additional costs, which would have to be passed on to TatukGIS customers in the form of higher prices. TatukGIS customers prefer simplicity and lower prices.
For buyers requiring use of a PO, delayed payment terms, or payment by check, consider performing the purchase via your preferred software reseller. Government organizations and large corporations often conduct business with TatukGIS this way. Because TatukGIS offers no special reseller price discounts, however, the reseller may charge the buyer an extra fee for the convenience and service provided by handling the transaction.