KB10877 - Opening map data via the web - supported options.
TatukGIS supports a number of technologies for accessing and opening as a map layer, map data via internet. This support is available in the TatukGIS Developer Kernel, desktop Editor, and free Viewer products, except as noted below.
WMS server protocol
WFS server protocol
- The OpenGIS Web Feature Service provides a map as a GML vector layer. To open provide the URL to the WFS server as a GetCapabilites request.
- Editor/Viewer note: use menu File/Open from web and provide the URL.
ERDAS ECWP protocol
- To open data served from an ERDAS map server. To open provide the URL to the ECWP server.
- Editor/Viewer note: use menu File/Open from web and provide the URL link to the service.
- The Web Map Tiles Service (WMTS,TMS) is a very popular technology that is at the heart of web mapping services such as Bing Maps and Google Maps. While Bing Maps and Google Maps are commercial services with licensing restrictions, other Web Map Tile Services are free resources. Refer also to the MapQuest Open Tiles blog.
- Connector files (.TTKWP) to a number of popular tiles are provided in the sample data folder: \Samples\WebServices.
Created: April 19, 2012, Modified: February 13, 2017